Personal data is one of the things that is very important and needs to be guarded properly. Especially in the digital era like today, personal data can be accessed easily with the internet and social media, but who would have thought that personal data could be misused and could cause harm to the owner.
Personal data theft is the most common thing that occurs, both on a large scale and even on a small scale. Usually, the results of this personal data theft will be sold on the dark web. Whatever the motive for this personal data theft, of course, it will have a bad impact on the owner. Personal data protection needs to be done to prevent irresponsible persons or parties and avoid potential defamation. Then the last reason is to give control rights over our personal data. Here’s how to Protect Personal Data in the Digital Age:
- Using difficult social media passwords and changing them regularly.
- Using a different password for each social media account so that when one account is hacked, other accounts are not easily hacked either.
- Do not display personal information on social media to prevent misuse of data by irresponsible parties.
- Pay attention to URL addresses from email attachments and sites visited so as not to enter fake sites that want to steal personal data.
- Pay attention to the access permissions requested by the application when you want to install a new application in order to avoid unneeded data access in the application.
- Set the privacy settings on the social media accounts that we use to determine who can access our profiles and posts.